||Saint-Gobain uses PICS to administer and manage the exchange of environmental, health and safety related information and documents, including analysis and audit of critical data. Therefore, Saint-Gobain requires all contractors to complete the PICS Prequalification and Safety Review process prior to work being performed.
Contractor Prequalification Instructions
Saint-Gobain defines a "contractor" as an independent business person, a supplier representative, or an organization for hire to perform work or provide services on Saint-Gobain sites. This definition may apply to subcontractors who are hired by the primary general contractor to perform certain parts of the agreed upon work or service.
To become approved to work with Saint-Gobain, an interested contractor must meet the
- Be a registered member of PICS with an active account
- Submit and complete a Prequalification Form including documentation as outlined by
Saint-Gobain and PICS at picsauditing.com
- Be in compliance with the Saint-Gobain criteria including, but not limited to, meeting
Saint-Gobain's insurance requirements, drug and alcohol policy and environmental,
health and safety (EHS) criteria. EHS criteria includes a review of performance criteria
such as OSHA incident rates, experience modification rates (EMR), and Canadian safety requirements for firms operating in Canada. More information about these requirements
will be supplied during the PICS Prequalification process.
The Prequalification process for Saint-Gobain through PICS includes the following steps:
- Become a registered member of PICS. Register Online at the PICS site at picsauditing.com.
- Complete a prequalification form (PQF). Complete and submit a qualification form to PICS (or update your form if you are already a member of PICS).
- Submit to PICS your insurance certificate as outlined in your contract/P.O./agreement.
- Submit to PICS an electronic copy of your safety manual.
- Complete the required annual update each January for the PQF and your PICS account.
If you have any questions, please contact PICS customer service at (800) 506-7427 extension 1 or your Saint-Gobain representative.