Effective Date: 2018-06-07
At Saint-Gobain, privacy is a serious matter and we are committed to protecting it. This policy explains when, why and how companies in our group:
- collect personal data about individuals;
- use this information;
- disclose this kind of data to others, when this is necessary and under certain conditions;
- keep secure and confidential this personal data.
Types of Data Collected
Various types of personal data may be collected by the Site, including:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Physical Address
- Content of Submitted Requests
- Product Interests
- Business Description
- Product Information
- Business Contact Information
How Company Uses the Collected Data
The collected data:
- Are for internal use only and are directed to those responsible for handling the user's request,
- Are used to provide and improve the Site and personalize the user experience,
- May be used to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activity,
- May be used for any other purpose we describe when we collect the information, and
- Are kept only as long as necessary to carry out the purposes defined above.
Any personal data that may be collected through the use of this Site will be processed and stored by the Company in accordance with US Law.
How Company May Share the Collected Data
Company may disclose personal data collected through the use of this Site:
- To Company’s third party service providers that assist Company in the operation of its business and the Site,
- To a purchaser or successor entity in connection with the sale, merger, assignment or other transfer of Company or any of its affiliates, or line of business or product of Company or any of its affiliates,
- To respond to law enforcement requests or where Company determines that disclosure is required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulations,
- If you have consented to the disclosure.
For US Sites: Do Not Track
The Site does not support Do Not Track at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
For US Sites: Access to Your Personal Data; Questions and Comments
20 Moores Road
Malvern, PA 19355
IF NECESSARY: Users are informed that their personal data be transferred to companies whose servers are located outside the European Union in particular.
When you visit the Site, cookies may be automatically installed and temporarily saved in your computer’s memory or on its hard disk in order to make it easier for you to navigate around our site. Cookies do not enable us to identify you, but are used to record information about the pages you have viewed on our Site, the date and time of your visit to the site, etc.
Please find hereunder the list of the cookies used by the Site and their purpose:
Google Analytics – provide insights into website use
Hotjar Analytics – provide insights into website use
Facebook Pixel – provide insights into website use
General Cookie Settings
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device.
You can disable cookies in your web browser. However, this will disable all cookies used by your browser, including those from other websites, which may cause certain settings or information to be altered or lost. Disabling cookies may change your browsing experience on our website, or may make navigating around the site more difficult.
- ANALYTICS COOKIES ON THE SITE
This Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). The information generated by the cookie about your use of this Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activities for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where this is required by law or insofar as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will never associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however please note that if you do so you may not be able to use the full functionality of this Site. By using this Site you consent to the processing by Google of data relating to you in the manner and for the purposes mentioned above.
For more info about the Google Analytics cookies, click here.
Another alternative to deactivate Google Analytics is to install a small plugin proposed by Google for the major browsers.
The site also uses Hotjar Analytics to understand how users are interacting with the website.
The site also uses the Facebook Pixel to help understand the actions users are taking on the website.
Last Updated : 2019-03-06