Saint-Gobain uses Avetta to administer and manage the exchange of environmental, health and safety related information and documents, including analysis and audit of critical data. Therefore, Saint-Gobain
requires all contractors to complete the Avetta Prequalification and Safety Review process prior to work being performed.
Contractor Prequalification Instructions
Saint-Gobain defines a "contractor" as an independent business person, a supplier representative, or an organization for hire to perform work or provide services on Saint-Gobain sites. This definition may apply to subcontractors who are hired by the primary general contractor to perform certain parts of the agreed upon work or service.
To become approved to work with Saint-Gobain, an interested contractor must meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered member of Avetta with an active account
- Submit and complete a Prequalification Form including documentation as outlined by Saint-Gobain and Avetta at www.avetta.com
- Be in compliance with the Saint-Gobain criteria including, but not limited to, meeting Saint-Gobain's insurance requirements, drug and alcohol policy and environmental, health and safety (EHS) criteria. EHS criteria includes a review of performance criteria such as OSHA incident rates, experience modification rates (EMR), and Canadian safety requirements for firms operating in Canada. More information about these requirements will be supplied during the Avetta Prequalification process.
The Prequalification process for Saint-Gobain through Avetta includes the following steps:
- Become a registered member of Avetta. Register online at the Avetta site at www.avetta.com.
- Complete a prequalification form (PQF). Complete and submit a qualification form to Avetta (or update your form if you are already a member of Avetta).
- Submit to Avetta your insurance certificate as outlined in your contract/P.O./agreement.
- Submit to Avetta an electronic copy of your safety manual.
- Complete the required annual update each January for the PQF and your Avetta account.
If you have any questions, please contact Avetta customer service at (877) 725–3022 or by email at email@example.com.